Monday 13 May 2019

Q&A with Luca "Lazylegz" Patuelli

You may have seen Luca's picture around town already as he is on our Festival poster & postcard. This is what Luca had to share with the Guelph Dance blog about his visit to Guelph:

GD: The theme of the 2019 GDF is “What Moves You” can you share with us what moved you when working in the creation of No Excuses, No Limits?
LP: No Excuses No Limits is an interactive Motivational Entertainment performance where I will share my story but more importantly my passion of dance with the audiences. I believe this performance fits well with this year's theme as I promise to get everyone moving with me.

Photo by Jacob Jonas

GD: What is it that you love the most about performing outdoors?

LP: There's nothing like outdoor performances. The fresh air, sounds of nature, and the fact that every day will be different. Performing outdoors is definitely a performance space where performers act more on the present moment due to the environment around you constantly changing.




GD: During your time in Guelph, aside from the performance at the Park, you will also be delivering a motivational conference to high school students. Tell us a little bit about your work with youth and how it influences your artistic practice.
LP: I feel it's important to share your experiences with our younger generations. The conferences in schools are an opportunity for me to share my story with the students but also for the students to get to know me on a deeper level. What I appreciate about the conferences in schools the most is that even though I am speaking to the audience I am watching and reading my audience, I learn just as much of them as they are of me. I often open up the space to allow audience to share as well. 


You can catch Luca at Exhibition Park on May 31st and June 1st & 2nd. His energy and agility are inspiring, don't miss out this unique opportunity to see this Canada 150 Ambassador in our City!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance outside the box here!